Monday, November 8, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 8

Having a Washer and Dryer

I know that sounds really lame, but I am really trying to create a more positive outlook on life. I hate strongly dislike doing the laundry. It is such a pain! Having to gather it all up (and finding where Ryan has stashed his socks all over the house is a pain), sort it all, haul it all down two flights of stairs to the basement, remembering to switch loads, and then to lug it all back up two flights of stairs, fold it, and put it all away. It is exhausting and I get lazy about it, but I was just thinking what it would be like if I had to go to the laundromat each time. I usually do laundry once a week (sometimes in the winter I do it like every four days or so) and it would really be more work having to lug it all down to the laundromat... have to wait around for it to finish and then lug it all back home... and with kids in tow, that would be even more difficult. 

So I am grateful that I have a washer and dryer to use in the comfort of my own home. 
That I am able to be productive and do other things while I am waiting to switch loads.
(not saying that I always am)
 It is such a blessing, no matter how much I grumble as I work. 

PS - I guess part of this has come from talking to my mom... her dryer killed over this past week, and they've been trying to get by until their new one comes. 
Talk about no fun! Way to be a trooper mom!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Seriously! I love having a W&D too. Lugging it down to the communal ones at our apartment was difficult (so I usually made Pat do it.) I'm really bad about doing it and folding it. The laundry will usually stay in the dryer until I am out of clothes. That sucks about your mom's breaking, seems like everything in their house is dying lately!

Em said...

Oh you are SO thankful for that! If you ever do end up in a laundromatting situation then the one you're in now will sound like heaven!

Jen said...

When I was living in the apartment in SLC I would lug all my laundry to Erich's house, clear across town, just to avoid the dang laundromat.I don't know what I'd do without my W&D now. If I had to go to a laundromat, I have a feeling that either A: I would never have any clean clothes, cause I am way too busy to take time to go to a laundromat, or B: I would have a lot of shrunken clothes (cause Erich's not so good about realizing which clothes can and can't be dried).