Saturday, November 6, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 6

I'm really thankful for Technology. 
Kind of a cop out because it is a little 'all encompassing.' I am really grateful though. 

We went over to the Carnegie Science Center again, and was reminded of all of these stepping stones we've taken to get to where we are. Holy Cow we have the most amazing things available to us! Let me tell you all of my favorite things right now (who knows someday this will date me)

Cell phones. 
I love my cell phone and the sense of security it gives me being only a button away from help. Plus, the whole text messaging thing has done wonders for my phone-phobia (I hate calling people, I'm always so awkward... texting is glorious!)

Digital Cameras. 
Hello! There have been so many precious memories that I have been able to capture AND share them, all because of my little digital camera. It hasn't helped with my picture taking obsession though... but I'm grateful for that too!

The Internet (I guess this would also include my computer).
I know bad things have come from the internet, but I LOVE all of the good. Email, blogs, researching abilities, watching shows, reading my scriptures, teaching resources... I mean it is just endless.

Those are probably the only three big ones that I'm feeling the most grateful for at this time in my life. And it is crazy to think that many of them weren't full around when I was in Jr High or High School. Man... I'm getting old.

So thank you you nerdy/techy people you. I'm sure appreciating all of your long hours in the research lab working on the things I use everyday. You rock!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Word up! I love all those things too. Without the internet you and I would have to talk on the phone...and with my gooberness and your self proclaimed awkwardness it probably wouldn't be too often, so I am grateful we get to keep in touch! :)

Ash said...

Funny, I was just thinking today how grateful I am for digital photography. I'd have no hobby with out it. Every time I sit down to edit photos I get sooo happy. I LOVE IT! It is great how much technology we have.:)

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

I didn't know you had a phone phobia for calling people. I am the same way! Especially when someone is just calling "to talk." Then you hit that awkward silence and you both go, "Well.... I guess I better go." I'm right there with you!