Saturday, November 20, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 19

I am thankful for my garbage men.

They just rock. Here in Pittsburgh they pick up garbage the old school way. Ya know, where the men walk behind the truck and pick up your trash can and dump it in the back (like in the movies). They are the nicest guys. Very polite and friendly. If they ever catch the girls peeking out the window at them, they will give them a big smile and wave hello to them. A couple of times we forgot to put our trash out only to remember when we heard the truck coming up our street, they always stop and let us run up with our can to get it dumped. They also will take away ANYTHING you put out. So you could set a couch on your curb and they'll just haul it away. It is pretty awesome.

I'm thankful for all of their hard work, and for taking away my stinky garbage each week. Thanks fellas!

Oh, and I'm thankful for my recycling guys too, encouraging me to be a little greener. 

0 comments: