Thursday, November 18, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 17

I'm thankful for food. There are so many people in this world that go hungry everyday, and I need to avoid food in my kitchen to adhere to my eating plan. Seriously though, I am so blessed to have food to eat. I need to remind myself of this when I feel like there is nothing to eat in the house. We have been so blessed to always have food in our cupboards, I think I take it for granted all too often. 

I love cooking and baking, it is so fun (even though it isn't so helpful for my waistline). I enjoy making favorite recipes to share. And what is better than hanging out with friends while munching on some yummies? I guess it is my way to pay it forward. I feel blessed to have food to eat, so those blessing must be shared.

Along the lines of food. Today I am grateful for my little kitchen helper, Sarah-Bear. Most days I'm not patient enough to really let her help out in the kitchen, but today I was brave and let her give it a whirl. She helped me make some cupcakes and I even let her crack the eggs all by herself (the first one she broke apart so quickly it fell onto the counter and slipped off the edge running all down the front of our dishwasher and all over the floor, blech). She had lots of fun though. I think her favorite part was licking the beaters. I wish I would have thought to pull out my camera. I guess I was a little distracted thinking about how I need to deeply sanitize my kitchen after that egg spill (I have a salmonella phobia)

Thank you Sarah, I really did love spending time with you in the kitchen. We need to do that more often. I love you!

2 comments:

Carolanne said...

I kind of freak out about raw eggs too. You are brave to let her try it. My two-year old loves eggs, but I haven't been brave enough to let him try to crack them yet. And even if you didn't have your camera out, you are creating memories that your daughters will cherish long after the food is gone.
P.S. If you are looking for a book that will really make you thankful for food try The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind. It was a tough read but it put a lot of things into perspective for me. So now that I've taken up an entire page just for my comments, I think I've got cookies to bake. :)

Brittany said...

Whenever I am desperate to entertain Caleb, we cook. It's messy and a lot of work, but he loves it! I can't wait to see the tea party pictures! :)