Monday, November 29, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 29

I am grateful for microwaves. I don't think a day goes by where I don't have to zap something quick in it. Seriously, who came up with that thing? How does it really work? (I don't really need to know). There are somethings that I even think taste better when cooked in the microwave, like oatmeal.

I'm also thankful for microwaves because it came in handy for whipping up our FHE treat tonight. 
So yummy. Thank you trustee microwave. :)


FHE Treat in a Jiff (aka - 5 Minute Fudge)
2 bags of milk chocolate chips or one large bag
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla

Combine chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in microwaveable dish and cook for five minutes.  Stir in vanilla and pour into a foil lined, greased pan (the foil is so you can just pull it out and serve). Don't worry if all of the chips are melted yet, it is yummy if they aren't.
Cool and enjoy. 

We experimented and swirled in some peanut butter and it was delicious. 
There are a lot of  fun things that can be done with this {dangerously} simple recipe. 

2 comments:

Deb said...

drool! I was thinking about how awesome microwaves are yesterday. Three cheers for microwaves! Hurrah!

Brittany said...

Mmmm, my mouth is watering now. I don't know if my family would eat 3 meals a day without a microwave! And yet, I never took the time to be thankful for it, now I am!