Wednesday, November 10, 2010

30 Thankful Days: Day 10

I guess I haven't really wanted to post how grateful I am for obvious things like my loved ones, but today I just can't resist posting about how grateful I am for my two sweet daughters. With all of the bad mother moments I've had lately, I sometimes wonder why I was allowed to be a mother, but I am so grateful to have my sweet girls to teach me patients and show me unconditional love.

Sarah, I am so grateful to be your mother. You are so smart and loving. I am constantly amazed at how much you pick up on and what a wonderful big sister you are. Just today you surprised me when you brought your cup of popcorn over to comfort Abby when she fell off the chair and bonked her head. I love watching you play and do silly things like pretending to be a super hero and saving snow white (Abby) by giving her hugs. It makes me so happy to listen to you sing songs around the house and make up words to Daddy's piano playing. I especially loved you latest lyrics that consisted of "I love my sister, Abigail and my pink ball" repeated over, and over, and over again. I love you so much Sarah. I hope you remember that (especially when I am short tempered and impatient). Thanks for being a member of our little family and for being such a great example to your little sister.

Abby, you are my little ray of sunshine and I am so grateful for that. Even though you aren't really talking yet, I love how you make little noises to tell us what you need. I love how you hum your own little versions of songs that you've heard and I adore how you light up when I sing to you. I'm grateful for how cuddly you are. There is nothing that can clear the blues better than a big love from you. I love how intently you watch your big sisters every move. You love her so much and that makes me so grateful. I love how curious you are about things, even if it leads to you climbing onto chairs and tables and getting into pretty much everything. It so fun to play with you when you are so interested in the simplest of things. I love how excited you get when you know you are doing something like a big girl, like today when you got some mac 'n cheese on your fork, you were so proud of yourself. Thanks for being my sweet baby girl and I hope you can always be my little cuddle buddy.

I love you both so much, and am so grateful for you in my lives.

Love, Mommy

1 comments:

Ash said...

Awww Liz this was so sweet! I've wondered the same thing about how I was ever blessed with being a mommy when I get so grumpy all the time.
I love reading your blog, helps me know I'm not such a bad mom if even Liz Newey has bad days of loosing patience. Your an amazing gal! With the best laugh and smile that brightens a room when you enter. I've missed ya tons and can't wait to see ya next month.:)
Being a mom is one of the BEST things in the world!