Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Waiting for Spring

Today Preschool was at my house. 
Call me crazy, but I love having a heard of children running around my house. No matter how much stressed it makes me, I love it (Ryan thinks I'm crazy, you can too). 

Anyway, back to preschool. We went for a little nature walk to try and discover the signs of spring.
The kids were so excited to see tulips and daffodils leaves poking through the ground and little buds on bushes. There weren't many, but there were some. Some signs of spring coming.  

We are so ready for spring. Which is why I was thrilled about this little gift Sarah got at her party.

A butterfly garden kit. 
I got on and ordered our little butterfly larvae that night and they arrived just yesterday.
At first I thought they were all dead. They just sat there... but slowly they all started to crawl around.
They are so tiny and cute.
I can't wait. I'm so excited. I get to check on them everyday, um and show Sarah too.
I can remember growing butterflies at school, but it seemed like one day they were caterpillars and the next they were butterflies getting released. I seemed to miss everything. Them getting all plum and fat little caterpillars. Wrapping themselves into little cocoons. And then emerging one day into beautiful butterflies. I can't wait. It is going to be such a perfect way to welcome spring back. 

1 comments:

nlybbs said...

Love this! Can't wait to see your girls' reactions to the butterflies! "O)