Saturday, March 12, 2011

Can you hear me now? {Abby Speech}

I have my first cute Abby Talk story to share with you. 
I guess, it is Sarah too, but Abby is what made it funny and cute. 

Abby has entered the infamous "No" stage. 
It is funny, because she used to be able to nod and shake her head correctly to questions. 
Now all she does is just shake her head no... so it doesn't just happen with their words. 

Back to the story.
Sarah and Abby were playing in the living room, 
or rather Abby was content to just sit and watch her crazy sister. 
Sarah was wearing this little puppy carrying case (for a toy) on her head. 
Then she decided to start asking Abby questions. 
Abby just stared at her blinking.
The only logical conclusion for Abby's lack of response was that she couldn't hear Sarah, so Sarah began to adjust things so that Abby would be able to "hear" her. 
Sarah: Can you hear me now?
Abby: No
Can you hear me now? (new position)
No

They went back and forth about a dozen times or so. I don't know why, but it just made me laugh. Probably because of the Verizon commercials and partially because Abby was just reflexively responding and Sarah was really trying to resolve the problem. 

Anyway, its not much, but it gave me a chuckle for the day. 



Oh, and other exciting news. One of the caterpillars is now in a cocoon. I'll post pictures when they are all wrapped up. We're getting closer. Now if this weather would just warm up so I can let them out side when they are butterflies that would be perfect.

0 comments: