Saturday, December 18, 2010

Tea Party at the Grand America

What a cute bunch of girls. 
(Don't you just love how thrilled Sarah looks... she is not a fan of photo shoots, let alone the Newey Paparazzi that was following this little group around)

We were lucky enough to get reservations to Christmas Tea at the Grand America. Let me tell you, if you have a chance to go one year, do. It was so worth it. 
Jen & Abby. 
Abby loves Jen, she was her little buddy our entire visit.

Eleanor and Sarah.
These two worked so hard to to be prim and proper.
I love Ella in this picture. So cute and dainty.
Here they are reviewing the menu. 

Sarah and Eleanor sat at a table with my mom, Brooke and her mother-in-law. 

Abby and I sat by Deb, June and Jen. 
It was nice and cozy, but next year I want to request NOT to sit by the fireplace. 
My goodness, it was burning us up. 

 They had these cool tea flowers sitting on each table. When we sat down it was just this little ball of the needles you can see in the bottom of the glass. Slowly it opened up into this neat flower. Very cool. 

Next came Santa & Mrs. Claus
These two were THE best Claus' I have ever seen. They were cheerful and this Santa gave the best responses to the children's gift requests. 
One little boy asked for a puppy for Christmas, and I loved Santa's response. He told him that puppy's are very hard to deliver for Christmas because his slay flies so high and so fast that most little puppies get sick. He then told him that he will try to bring him a puppy, but if he can't, he'd bring the next best thing. 
Isn't that great! Talk about helping parents keep the magic of Christmas alive.
So cute, I love them. 

 Abby was a little weary of them, but let G'ma bring her close enough for a picture... but she wouldn't take her eyes off of him. 

While they brought out our tea and crumpets the Claus' read the kids a story, they read 'Twas the Night Before Christmas... of course. It was nice so the parents could enjoy themselves a little bit, kid-free. 

The food was delicious, and the company even better. 

Both of the girls loved it and didn't want to leave.

Thanks G'ma Newey for planning such a wonderful day. 
And even making it better by having us come over and get our craft on that night. 
We made cookie sheet magnetic advent calendars.
We made a pretty big mess making them too, but they turned out really cute.
The whole day, start to finish was awesome!

6 comments:

Em said...

Have I mentioned how much I want a little girl!? And that advent calendar looks awesome, I want a closer look!

Ali said...

Next time you go to Utah, I'm hanging out with you and your peps. SO MUCH FUN!!!!

Jen said...

I really need to learn to look AT cameras, haha. That was such a fun day! The magnets from the advent calendar have become the magnets on my fridge, I thought they were too cute to just sit in the basement 11 months out of the year. Oh, and you can send Abby over to my house anytime :)

Carolanne said...

That looks like so much fun! Too bad I have little boys who won't sit still and are as likely to break tea cups as they are to drink from them. Maybe some day, but for now I'll have to live vicariously through your blog. It looks wonderful!

Deb said...

It was so fun! We definitely have to do it again every year! Yeay.

Tina said...

Wow! Looks like an amazing time for big girls and little girls alike! I wanna go!