Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My Mom's Visit

I almost don't want to blog about my mom's visit,
because it confirms the reality that she has gone home.
*sad face*

It was so wonderful to have my mom here. I just wanted to sit by her all day and not do anything but enjoy her company... which is pretty much all we did. 

I can't really pinpoint what was best about her being here, but having her get up with the girls and putting them down each day was definitely at the top of the list. 

I really slacked in the picture taking department. The first day after her arrival I was crazy and we went out and hit up clearance sales at target and such... totally wore myself out. So most of the time I was "resting" while G'ma and Daddy entertained the girls.

Here is a typical morning while she was here.
 Girls crazy with energy, Abby snacking on a pancake g'ma made, a paintbrush keeping Sarah's hair back in a bun, everyone in jammies, and lil' Zak being doted upon.

Main doter... Sarah.

Zak's classic pose. He'll sit and hold it for minutes at a time.

I tried to get another picture of Zak holding his head up... here are my failed attempts.

Doesn't he look thrilled? 

Yeah, his tummy wouldn't have any more of this nonsense.

The girls were very sweet to try and entertain themselves while Mommy and Grandma were distracted with craft projects (more on those later). 

There was lots of snuggling and movie watching. The movie hit was Hercules that G'ma Newey bought for them. They love it... and I can't get the songs out of my head.
G'ma Lisa - notice the puppy she's holding... LOVES it! Thank you! 

Favorite snuggle buddy.

Abby would rather snuggle up with my iPod and do puzzles or watch a princess show on it. She loves wearing princess dresses and the crown that Sarah made for her in preschool.

I thought this was a cute picture that I snapped of Ry and Abby.

G'ma Newey and her 9th grand-babe (3rd grandson).

Abby finally getting in on the snuggle time.

She has the best intentions... but usually she smashes his face in and pushes his head back... in a not so gentle way. We're working on it.

Every night while G'ma Newey was here she would snuggle up with the girls and read them stories, after which she'd tell Sarah an "Imagination Story"
The first night my mom started telling Sarah an imagination story Sarah asked my mom where she was reading the story from. My mom explained it was from her head and kept on telling the story. At the end Sarah sweetly asked her what the pages looked like in her mind. Thought that was so cute. 

I could get the girls to do pretty much anything to earn their story time with G'ma.
Lightning fast baths... check.
Jammies on... check.
Hair prepped for church in the morning... check.
Brushing teeth... check.
Made our bedtime routines a dream!
My mom thought their little looks were so cute. Abby done up in curlers with a princess night gown on, Sarah with hair straight and long with and oversized Pittsburgh Pirates t-shirt as jammies. Shows both of their personalities perfectly.

Ready and waiting for story time with G'ma.

Abby filling in for G'ma for a bit.

We love Grandma!

I loved both of these pictures and couldn't pick which one to post.

Having grandma around makes everyone happy!

We sure loved having you here mom! I was so sad to see you go (but don't worry, I'm doing good). Thank you for all that you did while you were here (slaving away over my sewing machine!). It was so wonderful to have you around, thank you for coming! 
I love you Mom! 

1 comments:

Deb said...

Awe, what cute pictures! I'm glad you got some time with your mom. Your girls are going to remember that always I bet. Abbey in her curlers is so adorable! I can't believe she'll wear them at night! All those blankets are SO cute! I was so worried you weren't going to have any boy blankets...silly me, I have to remember you love to sew! :)