Sunday, July 18, 2010

She's One!

I can hardly believe it. A year ago... this was me...
Overdue and HUGE!!!
(I think this picture was on the 3rd of July, two days before she was born)

Well worth the wait...
for my little pixie. 

Time has seemed to go by so much faster with Abby. 

Before I knew it she was holding her head up, sitting up, crawling, standing and now toddling all over the place with her big toothy grin. 

I had big plans for her first Birthday. I was going to invite friends over and have the perfect decorations, cake and the works. It was going to be an amazing first birthday...

Instead... we mopped the floor, cleaned the house and ran errands all day... picked up a cupcake from wally's world and then came home to sing Happy Birthday to lil' Abby-kins.

Lame. I know... guess I'll have to decline the mother of the year award.*sigh* 
(I was so sure I would get it this year) 

Well... here are the few pictures that we got of our Birthday Girl. 

She wasn't even naked. 
I am bummed. I may have to strip her down and bake a giant cake just so I can get some good pictures. 

We had planned on doing a Birthday night while my mom was in town. But that never happened either. 
Oh well, I am sure Abby will forgive me. I'll just have to make up for it next year.
Anyway...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ABBY!
We love you.  

2 comments:

Deb said...

Happy Birthday! I'm sure she won't mind not having a big party, a cupcake is good enough for a one year old! I can't believe it's been a year either, time flies so fast! I love those hospital pictures.

Gwendolyn said...

Holy cow! Time really has flown! I remember holding her in her cute little blessing dress. So cute!
Happy Birthday to Abby (a tad late)!