Thursday, June 10, 2010

Dental Visit

Today Sarah went to the Dentist for the first time today. I was really nervous that she would clam up and throw a fit but she did so good. I have been talking to her all week about her visit, try to make is sound like a treat. She fell for it and got way excited. We practiced several times looking in her mouth and counting all twenty of her teeth! My little girl has TWENTY TEETH! She is getting so big. I was proud of how well she behaved for the dental hygienist. The hygienist was awesome. She let Sarah pick out a little beanie baby to hold and made cleaning her teeth a fun game. Sarah did get a little shy for the actual dentist, but one high five later and she opened right up for him. 

As a reward for being so good she got to keep the "Clifford" dog that she had been holding and got a Shrek toothbrush (how did they know she loved Shrek?). 

Here are her "surprises" for being such a good girl!

What a happy girl!

Here she is pretending to brush Clifford's teeth. 

Oh, how I love my ever growing little girl!

I was really nervous because Sarah used to drink Crystal Light to go to bed every night until she was about two. I prepared myself emotionally for a bad parent lecture. I was worried she would have rotting teeth all over, but they said her teeth look awesome. No plaque, no stains and... 

NO CAVITIES!!! WAHOO!!! 

Now we just need to work on brushing teeth in the morning. Me too, I'm terrible about remembering to brush in the morning. I hate doing it before eating breakfast because it makes your food taste yucky, and then I forget. But we'll be better. 

Great Job SARAH!!! I am so proud of my big girl!

3 comments:

Ash said...

That's great she did so well. I'm a bad mom and still haven't taken X to the dentist. I really need to get on that. I'll have to use your excitement trick so he'll open his mouth. :)

Melissa said...

Liz she is so cute...her hair is amazing...you are AWESOME! Glad the dentist went well.

Erin said...

oh my heck the headband done up in her hair is ADORABLE!