Friday, March 26, 2010

I've been bad...

but I am changing my ways. 

I'm beaming because today I ran my first mile straight, no stopping, and at a good pace (for me)... 15 mins, on the treadmill, so that is probably what, a half hour if I did it outside? Anyway, I know that it is whimpy and admits how out of shape I really am (and oh how I am), but I am so happy about it. I have a looooong way to go, and I am not giving up. Those who really know me know how determined I can be, and I am putting my foot DOWN!! 
*squishes little bug* 
{Oops, sorry!} 

I can't believe that I ran a marathon, 26.2 miles, that is soooo long... how in the world?!??!
I need to show myself that I can do it again. 

The Pittsburgh, City of Bridges Marathon is the Beginning of May, no way is there a chance that I'll be ready in 36 days, but next year I am DOING IT!!!


GO FIGHT WIN!!! 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is awesome that you are running a marathon! I honestly don't think I ever could. Keep on truckin, lady!

Ash said...

That's awesome! Good for you Liz! I would love to run a marathon but I'm to scared of failing and never going through with it. Maybe when you come home you can help train me for one and we'll do it together. With your drive and motivation, maybe I really could accomplish that # on my bucket list. :)

Deb said...

Good luck! I believe in ya! I know I couldn't run a marathon. I'd ride a bike along side of you and cheer you on though...well maybe not even that, marathons are long! I'd drive a car next to you...I'm lazy.

Momma Twitch said...

You ran a marathon before?! When!? That's sooo COOL! I can't wait to hear how your training goes. EXCITING!!

Gwendolyn said...

That's awsome Liz! I only went the winter without running and I can still only do a mile and a half. It's tough getting back into it. (I'm not doing so great myself...)
Keep up the good work! :)

Brooke said...

There are lots of smaller races around the city that aren't as long, such as the Greenfield Glide 5K and the Run Around the Square (Regent Square, also 5K). There's also the Pittsburgh Great Race in September, which you probably know about. And I'm guessing that you've already discovered that Schenley Park is closed almost every Sunday morning in spring and summer due to numerous other runs.

In Family Fun last month, they printed an article about a family who hosts casual "fun runs" at the local track for families. Kids come in silly outfits if they want (Halloween for October, green for March, etc.) and spend time running around the track. Older kids help the younger ones, and everyone has healthy snacks afterwards. I'm thinking of doing it, myself!

Livia said...

Go for it Liz!!! You can do it!