Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Tortoise

Remember my post HERE, where I talked about my new goal to be better?

Well, I'm getting there...

Slooooowly, but surely. 

4 miles today... outside... with out stopping...in the hilly Pittsburgh. 

Go. ME!!!

Eight more months until the Pittsburgh Marathon. 

Bring it!
(and bring on the running music suggestions too!)


*Oh, and to pat myself on the back a little more, *blushes* I have to get up early and do my runs before Ryan has to leave for school... not an easy thing to do for this night owl... but I'm determined. 

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Liz, this is awesome!!! Keep up the good work!! And I am in need of new music as well. I'll be checking back to see if you get some good suggestions. One of my favorites for a fun warm up song is Shut up and let me go by the Ting Tings... don't as me why, it just gets me going. It's not necessarily the best beat for running, that is why I use it as a warm up. My all time favorite song to run to (great fast beat) is Candy Man by Christina Agulara (or how ever you spell her name). LOVE it. Best song ever for running. You will be running fast and throwin in a few dance moves along the way, trust me. Keep up the good work lady!!!!!!

Momma Twitch said...

GO LIZ!!!! It'll get easier the longer you do it. A song I like to run to is Louis Prima's "Bigger The Figure" It makes me laugh which gets my mind off of the running. I can't wait to hear how your marathon goes. :)

Deb said...

Wow. Go Liz! I'm excited for you!

Tina said...

Nice going! I thought I was doing good when I ran 1 mile today! You are a lot farther than me! Keep up the hard work!

James and Talai Macfarlane said...

You rock!! Running in hilly Pittsburgh is no easy task! I think it is harder than running in altitude! Um, how would you feel about a running partner? I need to get up and run in the mornings too but am to afraid to do so (I know I am lame.)