Friday, December 9, 2011

Christmas Tree

To help get Sarah to go to bed after having such a fun time on Thanksgiving day, we promised to set up the Christmas tree and decorate it in the morning. I ran out to Joann's to score some sweet deals on fabric, but Ryan told me that in the morning Sarah was waiting patiently at the top of the stairs before going down to see the Christmas tree. I guess we didn't explain that we'd be setting it up together as a family, but I thought it was darling that she waited upstairs without sneaking down to see the tree.

Ryan was in charge of this decorating fest. He ordered to me the couch and to unpack ornaments and pass them out to the girls. It was a little frustrating because the girls were SO excited to help and wanted to work like lightning, but all in all it was fun to do as a family.

Sarah got to put the Star on this year.

Ta-Da!!!
The girls were so proud of their work. 
And I promise our skinny lil' tree is standing up straight, I guess the angle I took this picture at makes it look like it is going to fall over.

We now have it safely wedged between our couch and our piano... which slightly deters the girls from playing with the ornaments... but luckily, there are few that could break. Thank goodness for shatterproof ornaments.

Thanks sweetie for all of your hard work getting the tree set up and the decorations all pulled out. The house looks wonderful!

0 comments: