Thursday, April 7, 2011

Lil' Miss Style

So I'm trying to ease up a little and not be so controlling of what Sarah wears. 
She is after all four *sniff sniff* and needs to start learning how to pick out her own clothes.

 So that is what she has done here. 
I really like the red and teal combo. Isn't that so in right now?
 My only instructions were to wear long sleeves because it was chilly.
She did the t-shirt layering all by herself.
Here was our little conversation when she came downstairs:
Me: Great job geting dressed Sarah.
Sarah: Thanks.
Me: You're wearing two shirts? Thanks for listening and picking a long sleeved one.
Sarah: *beaming* Thanks Mom.
Me: I really like the colors you picked. Do you think they match?
Sarah: Because, um, because... they both have poke-a-dots. See?
Me: Oh, right. (why didn't I think of that?). Great job sweetie.
I don't know if they really match. I honestly can't decide.
I never thought to put them together, but it is kind of growing on me. 
Nice work Sarah. You are getting bigger and bigger everyday. 
I love you!

7 comments:

Ash said...

I think she's sytlin! I might just have her come dress me.:) She's so cute Liz!

Gwendolyn said...

Very stylish. One thing I learned from What Not to Wear is that everything doesn't have to match. So I say great job Sarah! :)

Camille said...

So cute! I let my kids choose what they wear...most of the time. But sometimes I have to "alter" it a little. Although I have taken Claire to the store wearing sweat pants, a dress up princess dress and rain boots...they have their own little styles. :)

McFamily said...

I thought it was one shirt! SO cute she did great, and good job mom on letting her choose for herself and then not changing it :o )

Carolanne said...

Teal and Red is one of my favorite color combos. I think her first attempt turned out quite nicely. I love your new layout by the way. Next to teal and red, owls are my favorite trend.

Aden & Jamie Hirtle said...

I was actually thinking, "Hey, she matches-- polka dots and polka dots-- so I am glad she thought they matched too!

Heidi said...

aawwww! i love it and i love your blog! have i mentioned this already?