Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Goodbye Emery

We had a warm day today, and decided to let our lil' butterflies get a taste of fresh air and set them free.

The girls were beaming as we carefully took each butterfly out. 
Sarah held so still so that one would rest on her finger. 


Abby, moved too quickly and the butterfly fluttered off.
 It was still exciting and Abby's giggles trailed after our little friends.
(can you make out the blur of a butterfly right by Abby's hand)

We sure had fun with these butterflies. 
When the butterflies initially emerged, I asked Sarah what it's name was. 
Emery. 

And she remember and cooed too her little Emery butterfly.
"Its okay Emery. I'll hold you"
Goodbye Emery Butterfly.
We'll miss you. Enjoy your new adventure.

2 comments:

Carolanne said...

Those photos are priceless! Your girls are so darling. I'd like to hatch some butterflies with my boys, but I think it will have to wait a few years. Right now I think it might just end in tragedy. Look but don't touch is still a concept they are working on.

Ashley said...

What a fun thing to do with your daughters. I love it. And these pictures are wonderful Liz!!