Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Heart Attack

Well, Sarah gave me the biggest heart attack of my life. I hesitate to even post this, because it makes me feel like such a great parent. But, here we go. 

Sarah, being the climber she is, have you forgotten... just click HERE to remind yourself. Has had numerous bonks and crashes, you'd really think she'd learn her lesson, but nope. 

She is still a climber. 

Well the other day, I heard the noise of the blinds opening really fast, and then Sarah screaming. She had wrapped the cord around her neck and was climbing on the back of the couch and fell. I don't think she was seriously hurt, but it sure did scare her. We had a long talk about how scary that really was and how it could have been much much worse. Luckily, the only thing that happened was a nasty rope burn on her neck. 


So sad. I was really embarrassed to take her anywhere for fear of people thinking I had tried to strangle my daughter. Luckily, I don't think anyone noticed. 

Sure scared mommy! The worst part is, I had walked through the room, not five minutes prior to the incident and the thought crossed my mind, "you should pull down those blinds, Liz." Should have listened. 

There... now I am sure all of you fellow mommies out there will never want to leave your kids alone with me again... 
and feel a lot better about your mothering abilities. 

4 comments:

Ash said...

Liz! That's soooo scary! My mom is always getting after me about putting those cords up and I'm always just brushing her off. NOW I WILL! The other day I came down stairs and Fred had climbed up gotten into the med cubbord and opened 3 different bottles of drugs that had saftey caps and spilled them every where. I had no idea if he'd taken any and had to call posion controll. I'm gonna post about it as well, if I ever get a chance to. :) Kids are time suckers!

mom said...

I think we all have a 'bad mommy' moment. I remember when Alex pulled a hot iron down. Near miss, but still a heart attack moment. I am sure there are others, but most of them probably involved you and I don't want to further scar you, hoping that time has erased your memory....

Gwendolyn said...

That's way scary!! That little mark made my heart hurt. :) I don't know that I would've ever thought of that either. Luckily Rich did, he cut ours really short!

Momma Twitch said...

I feel your pain. I've been trying really hard to listen to the Spirit when it tells me to do the little things like putting up a simple cord. My kids have problems with getting into the shampoos/cleaners/anything worth spilling or mixing. You're a great momma, don't you worry. :)