Thursday, March 20, 2014

RSV Stinks

My sister decided to come and visit us for a few days at the beginning of February.
I hardly got any pictures of it... but you can read her account HERE and HERE.
{Brooke is far wittier than I, it'll be more fun to read it from her anyhow}

It was so fun to have my sister here... but I got slightly distracted by this...


Emily going to the hospital... again. *sigh*

Here is the story.
Zak caught RSV (seemed like an ordinary cold on him... oh, with double ear infections).
Zak tried to be a good big brother...
Zak shared RSV with Emily.

Since lil' miss Emily was only 4 weeks old... it was too risky to just play it out at home.

So they sent us to the ER to have her monitored, and the ER decided it would be safest to admit her and keep her for 24 hours to do this again...


Watch that wretched monitor.


Oye! 


It was kind of nice for Emily. She really seemed to rest well while we were there.
Except when we had to suck out the mucous from her tiny lil' nose. 



That was really sad.

Once again they gave me free meal passes to eat while I stayed with Emily.

I don't know what we would have done if Brooke wasn't in town. It has been such a blessing to have the timing of things all work out. With Emily's stay while my parents were in town and this hospital stay. We felt so blessed to not have to stress about our other three kids. 

But, I do have to say that it wasn't fair that I missed out on spending quality time with Brooke.
I don't know how much of a hostess I was, I felt like a zombie pretty much the entire time she was here. {Sorry Brooke!}. 

It was nice to be able to squeeze in one more day of snuggles after we got discharged.

Yay for visitors!

0 comments: